R.J. Grondin & Sons believes in maintaining a healthy environment to work and live in, for ourselves and for the generations to come. The law mandates part of what we do, and we comply with local, state and federal regulations on our projects. We often go above and beyond what is necessary to help keep our part of the world a cleaner place.
Some of the things we do to help the environment include:
- We have built and designed wetland mitigation and habitat preservation projects, providing wetlands compensation opportunities to development projects throughout the Greater Portland Region. View projects…
- We have worked with Efficiency Maine to update most of our light fixtures in our maintenance shop and main office to reduce our energy consumption on a daily basis.
- Recycling asphalt and concrete to reuse in roads, instead of going into landfills.
- Grinding stumps into an erosion control mix, which is used instead of petroleum-based silt fence.
- Producing aggregates onsite whenever possible to minimize trucking materials from other locations and minimizing usage of virgin materials.
- Reclaiming old pits and quarries into sites for homes, fields, ponds, wetlands and other uses that contribute to the community.
- Washing equipment with an oil/water separator for cleaning grease and oils that cleans the run-off and protects the watershed.
- Heating our maintenance building with radiant heat to minimize energy usage and maximize efficiency.